Young People's Trust are an information, referral, support, counselling, education, advocacy and consultancy centre, mainly for young people up to the age of 25yrs - although no one is turned away.
Their aims are to ensure that the clients of the Taranaki Young People's Trust receive a service which is:
- Effective and non-judgemental
- Focused on the immediate needs of young clients
- Delivered from a young person's perspective
- Bringing other appropriate services to the young people at the centre
- Providing a safe environment in which young people are encouraged to seek help and support
- Assisting young people towards personal growth, confidence and the making of their own decisions
- Providing accurate, up to date information and appropriate referral to young people
- Culturally sensitive
- To keep the belief that young people have the right to be heard.
- Health issues
- Stress management
- Grief issues
- Personal awareness
- Effective communication
- Drug and alcohol issues and stopping violence.
Workshops are created to meet each clients' personal needs.
Referrals from CYPS, Schools, Youth Aid, Doctors, Work and Income, Peers, Family, NETS. Referrals made to relevant outside agencies as appropriate. Whilst the service is free, donations are gratefully accepted and appreciated.